The news coming almost daily about the GOP’s concerns and actions to restrict Women’s rights are simply flabbergasting!
Within just one single week we have:
- Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN): introduced the Heartbeat Consent Act, which would force Women to listen to the heartbeat of their Fetus as part of the official consent to abortion.
- Joe Pitts (R-PA): “Let Women Die” Act, which, among other things, permits doctors and hospitals to “exercise their conscience” by letting pregnant women facing emergency medical conditions die.
- Jim DeMint (R-SC): adds Amendment to a completely unrelated bill to abolish the right for Women and Doctors to communicate about Abortion on the Internet – What is next, phone tapping to make sure you are not talking about it?
- Virginia Foxx (R): loudly claims to have worked for Women’s rights and defends this proposed amendment,
- Rick Santorum announces that, were he President, he would work hard to make contraception illegal.
What planet are these people from? Let me be clear: I do not believe that abortion is a good thing. I thank the stars that I have never been forced to be faced with such a decision. However, I am absolutely for the right to make that choice. As for the idea of abolishing contraception – can Burqas be far behind?